Your business is food, don’t throw it away is a campaign to help food businesses save money and boost profits by throwing away less food. It aims to support food businesses with simple steps and handy resources to reduce the amount of food thrown away and help staff learn good practice.
plate2planet is committed to the fight on food waste, we hope you can join the fight
Did you know that studies have shown a return on investment of 14:1 if you take action on throwing less food away? This is a new campaign that you can join in with to help save money and boost profits by throwing away less food.
To help you with the campaign there are calculators to work out exactly what it is costing your business, plus checklists and posters to help your business and engage your teams to throw less food (and profit) away.
If you would like to get involved with the Your Business is Food campaign, take a look at the below downloadable material to get you started:
- Starter guide – don’t throw it away
- Your Business is Food Poster- 6 ways to save food
- Track your progress – Summary checklist
- User guide
- 7 day Calculator guide
- 7 day tracking calculator
Case studies from businesses in the hospitality and food service sector:
- Greene King – Driving down food costs
- Elior – Seeing is believing when it comes to food thrown away
- Crieff Hydro Hotel – Smart Savings
- Dragon Hotel- Low cost & no cost measures to reduce food thrown away
These guides have been developed by WRAP in collaboration with businesses in your sectors.