Queen Raffald Cocktail
The Queen Raffald cocktail is named after 18th century entrepreneur and custard-loving cook Elizabeth Raffald. We’ve made out version using Ambrosia’s Custard, blended with rum and gingerbread liqueur, and finished with a sprinkling of nutmeg and dark chocolate shavings.
- 200ml Rum
- 40ml Gingerbread liqueur
- 600ml Ambrosia Custard
- Nutmeg and dark chocolate to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake before pouring into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with shavings of chocolate and nutmeg.
This mocktail is ideal, inspired by the dessert Banana Split, invented in 1904 by David Evans Strickler, a 23-year old apprentice pharmacist from Pennsylvania who enjoyed inventing sundaes at his local soda store.
- 600g Banana Angel Delight (made as per instructions with milk)
- 400g Pineapple juice
- 50g Chocolate sauce
- 250g Bird’s Ice Cream (made as per instructions with milk)
- Chocolate shavings, bananas and cherries to garnish
- In a blender, mix all ingredients until they just start to combine.
- To serve, pour a little chocolate sauce inside the glass, then fill with the mix.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, bananas and cherries.