The Planet Mark programme makes sustainability easy, leaving your business free to enjoy all the benefits. The certification is a complete package, combining robust measurement, employee engagement and communications.
In 2013, 71,542 tCO₂e was measured from The Planet Mark certified businesses and now the programme is engaging with over 70 organisations comprised of more than 33,000 employees and students.
On average, Planet Mark certified businesses make a 5% carbon saving each year through energy use, waste, water, travel and procurement and in doing so expect to make a cost savings of at least £100 per employee per annum.
The Planet Mark for Business programme follows three stages; Measure, Engage and Communicate. To guide your business through these stages you will be provided with a suite of tools and guides including:
• An annual business carbon footprint report and certificate calculated and produced by carbon experts in accordance with our Planet Mark Code of Practice based on the WRI/WBCSD Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
• Access to a cloud-based data management system.
• Sustainability improvement toolkits to help reach your sustainability targets and engage employees, customers, suppliers and key stakeholders.
• Marketing materials, brand association with the Eden Project and support in communicating your improvements.
• Access to our events, webinars, social media and all parts of our networks for knowledge sharing and new business opportunities.
• Support with sustainability questions on bids and tenders.