- The acquisition of Bestfoods in 2000 brought us leadership in the culinary category. Knorr is now our biggest Food brand, with a product range covering soups, bouillons, sauces, noodles and complete meals.
- We have met consumer demand for healthy foods by launching Flora Pro.activ, a spread which contains ingredients that can help reduce cholesterol levels.
- In the branded olive oil category we are a leader, the most important brand being Bertolli. Appealing to consumers’ taste for Mediterranean food, we have launched Bertolli pasta sauces and dressings.
- We are the world’s leading ice cream producer, with brands such as Wall’s and Ben & Jerry’s. Innovations such as Magnum snack-sizes and Cornetto miniature and multi-packs have sparked progress.
- We are the largest seller of packet tea in the world through our Lipton and Brooke Bond brands.
Home & personal care
- We lead the home care market in much of the world, which includes cleansing and hygiene products.
- Many of our home care products are market leaders including Cif, Comfort, Domestos and Persil.
- Within the personal care market, we are global leaders in products for skin cleansing, deodorants and antiperspirants.
UNILEVER SUSTAINABLE LIVING PLAN
In 2010 we launched the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan which will help us double the size of our business while reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact. We have set three big goals. By 2020 we will:
- Improve the health and well-being of more than a billion people
- Halve the environmental impact of our products
- Enhance the livelihoods of millions working across our value chain
By driving sustainability into every corner of our business, the Plan is opening up new opportunities and driving growth:
- More and more people are choosing brands with a social purpose, such as Dove and Lifebuoy
- As consumers’ needs change, we’re concentrating on innovations, such as laundry products that use less water
- We are making our supply chain more secure by working with smallholder farmers to improve farming practices and livelihoods
PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE LIVING
Through our brands we are also encouraging people to make smarter shopping choices and take sustainable actions at home.
Partnerships also give us the potential to change things on a global scale. There are three big issues we’re working on with others:
- Tackling deforestation and climate change
- Improving sanitation, hygiene and access to safe drinking water
- Championing sustainable agriculture and smallholder farmers
We are at a turning point in history, a point when change is needed for the sake of all life on the planet.
The world needs a new business model with sustainability at its heart. Only the businesses that grasp this will survive. Only those who grow sustainably will thrive. There has never been a better time to create a brighter future.
UNILEVER BRIGHTER FUTURE
Unilever brightFuture is a platform that helps unite and amplify the efforts of a growing community of people who believe it is possible to build a world where everyone lives well and lives sustainably, and who recognise we can only achieve this if we all work together to do small actions every day that make a real difference.
Find out more at: https://brightfuture.unilever.co.uk