As the year picks up pace and Christmas fast approaches it’s time to put your festive thinking caps on and finalise your menus. Try this delicious McDougalls Cheese & Pineapple Sticks recipe to get you started and evoke the festive mood. It’s a simple five step recipe that tastes delicious. This dish is perfectly paired with a glass of champagne.
McDougalls Cheese & Pineapple Sticks
- 150g Goat’s cheese
- 100g Fresh pineapple
- 30g Unsalted butter
- 30g Granulated sugar
- 30g McDougalls Plain Flour
- 75g Breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 Whole egg
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Serves: 10 canapés
- Roll the goats cheese into 15g balls and place in the fridge.
- Cut the pineapple into 1.5cm cubes and pan fry in the butter and sugar until golden and place to one side.
- Pané the balls of goats cheese by first rolling them in flour then egg, followed by the panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the goats cheese balls at 180˚c until lightly golden brown.
- Place on a cocktail stick or skewer and serve warm on a garnished plate.
Allergens: Egg, Milk, Wheat
Hints & Tips: You can use any cheese that’s easily mouldable, why not try Wensleydale?
McDougalls Beetroot Blinis with Smoked Salmon
Our McDougalls Beetroot Blinis with Smoked Salmon are a delicious addition to any buffet menu, served with crème fraiche and dill; they can be kept in an airtight container or frozen ahead of the day. This recipe is delicious served with a fruity, aromatic Japanese beer, the versatility of the beverage is unique as it can be warmed, served at room temperature, or chilled on ice.
- ½ A whole cooked beetroot
- 90g Greek yogurt
- 50g Whole egg
- 1g Sodium bicarbonate
- 70g McDougalls Self-raising Flour
For the topping
- 100g Cream cheese
- 100g Smoked Salmon trimmings
- 20 Sprigs of dill
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 20 canapés
- Place all the ingredients in a food blender and mix to a smooth batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into a non-stick pan and brown gently on both sides, then place on a wire rack.
- Spread each Blini with the Cream Cheese and top with the Smoked Salmon and Dill, serve cold.
Allergens: Milk, Wheat, Eggs, Fish
Hints & Tips: The Blinis will keep in an airtight container for 24 hours and can also be frozen.