The Unilever Foodservice Solutions Wise Up On Waste app for professional kitchens is a simple and easy way to monitor and track your food waste and reduce costs. Start your own waste management and reduce kitchen waste permanently.
Download now to help you:
- Identify where and when you are generating waste.
- Audit specific service times: breakfast, lunch and dinner waste.
- Track your team’s progress weekly and identify the indicative cost savings.
- Reveal how much money you could save by reducing waste by 20%.
Food Waste Reduction Tips:
Our top 7 tips to food waste reduction in the kitchen:
- Use leftovers creatively – leftover mash potato makes great hot potato soup
- It’s better to freeze great ingredients for a short time than use second rate ingredients fresh and risk producing waste.
- Use herbs efficiently. Don’t discard stalks, use them too.
- Save on fresh fish waste by creating a menu containing pre-cooked fish dishes.
- Leave the skin on chips and roast potatoes.
- Use leftover celery leaves and ends to make celery salt.
- Salmon trim makes great canapes.
Article originally published by Unilever Foodservice Solutions at: https://www.unileverfoodsolutions.co.uk/menu-support/food-waste-reduction.html